Friday, February 26, 2016

UNFILTERED

Draft from February 26, 2016:

I don't really have a gut, but the band of my tightly cinched high-waisted jeans is making whatever it can out of me. There's something itching me right smack dab in the center of my sternum. I do my best to not scratch it. I uncross my legs and alternate to the other leg, blankly staring at the clock. Less than an hour before I have to head into a night lecture. My mind fast forwards through class and resumes playing the imaginary footage of my life when I'm on the road, haphazardly plugging my phone in to blast music through my blown-out speakers. Note to self: I need new car speakers.

My mood is at an all-time low. Maybe it's the aged sharp cheddar I tried to pair with my moscato wine Monday night, or the melatonin I've been night capping. Whatever it is, this week has been a rough relapse in my depression. Not even the cat collector app on my phone can save me. I fill their cyber food bowls and switch out their toys like a distracted, broken-hearted mother trying to function around her kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment