Sunday, April 22, 2018

RESTLESS SOUL

Draft from March 4, 2016:

God, I need to pee. So, so badly. But my time here in this library is limited so I tap tap tap away on the Mac keyboard, smudged with countless finger tips.

Five feet in front of me, a European college student talks over the noise cancellation of his Puma headphones at a friend on the other end of his video phone call. A couple feet away, a young woman moans despairingly at her computer screen over taxes. Six feet under us are the memories of people who were once as annoying as these aforementioned patrons.

I shrug it off and plug my earbuds as my phone lights up with a text from an unnamed someone who is quite unhappy with me. I haven't been spending any time in his company, nor have I expressed any desire to. I turn back to my computer and keep tap tap tapping away. I'll strive up a conversation some day when I'm in the mood for constant sexual harassment. But for now, it's motivation enough to not start a dialogue with a man who doesn't listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment